Get In Touch
Your questions answered
About Lebara Play
What is Lebara Play?
Watch all the TV shows and movies you love with our new entertainment service – Lebara Play. Get the latest blockbuster movies, hit TV channels and thousands of shows, all available to enjoy in one place.
Watch Lebara Play
Stream the shows and movies you love from your mobile, tablet, laptop or via a set top box.
Download Lebara Play for free from the Google Play store.
We support most Android phones and tablets, running Android operating system 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and later.
Download Lebara Play for free from the iTunes App Store.
- iPhone: 4, 4S & 5, 5S, 6, 6+
- iPad: 2, 3rd Gen, 4th Gen, iPad Mini
- iPod touch: 5th Generation or later
All iOS devices are supported with iOS 7 or later.
PC or Mac
Go to play.lebara.com. Sign in, register, or skip and go straight to watch the free content.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Windows 8 app for PC’s and Tablets (only responsive website)
Mac OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later
Desktop Browsers - Chrome 36+, IE 9+, Firefox 32+, Safari 6+ & Opera 12+ - on Win XP +, Mac OSX, Linux OS
Set top box
Set up your Play set top box > get started > get connected > plug in > power up and start watching!
How many devices can I have?
You can register three devices to your Lebara Play account, and watch content on two at the same time.
Add the device you want to watch Lebara Play on, and it’ll be registered automatically.
- Go to Settings > Device management >My devices
- Click on the device you want to remove
- Click on the Remove device button
- Go to Settings > Device management > My devices
- Select the device you want to rename
- Press the name of the device (e.g. iPhone 5-2) to change the name
About Lebara Play set top box
About Lebara Play set top box
What is a set top box?
A set top box is a device that enables a TV set to receive and play digital broadcasts. Connecting your Lebara Play set top box to your TV will allow you to watch your favourite shows and movies.
What do I get with the set top box?
You get the following kit – set top box, remote control, remote charging cable, HDMI cable, network cable and power adaptor.
Do I need anything else?
- Broadband internet
- A TV with an HDMI port
Set top box technical spec
OS Android OS Android 4.2 Video Resolution 720P, 1080I, 1080P, 4:3 and 16:9 video ratio Network Ethernet Port RJ45 Interface 10M/100M adaptive Wi-Fi Build in Wi-Fi 2.4GHz 802.11a/b/g/n Broadcom AP6210 Connectivity HDMI HDMI1.4a, HDCP function Enabled SD Card SD card slot Ethernet RJ45 USB 1 X USB 2.0 Power DC IN Other Input Voltage DC IN 12V/1A Power Consumption 8W Max when working, less than 0.5W when standby Operation Temperature 0~40°C Product Dimensions 120mm*120mm*28mm Unit Weight 280g
Do I need a Lebara Play account?
You will enjoy a more personalized experience when you register for Lebara Play. Plus you'll get a free premium movie, you can save movies to your watchlist, set reminders and more. However, you can skip straight to the free content without having to register or sign in.
Do I need a subscription to keep the set top box?
You can keep your set top box even if you cancel your subscription (you can renew it at any time).
Can I use the internet on my set top box?
No, that’s not possible.
Can I insure my set top box?
No, that’s not possible.
'How to' video guides
Easy guide to setting up your Lebara Play set top box
Follow the instructions and you’ll soon be watching all the TV and movies you love.
Connect the power and HDMI cable. If you’re connecting to the internet with a network cable, insert the cable into the network port.
Choose your connected HDMI channel using your TV AV input setting.
Using the ON switch on the side, turn on the remote control. (Recharge your remote control by plugging it into the STB with the cable provided.
Choose system display language.
Choose how you want to connect.
If you’re connecting by Wi-Fi, select network and enter password.
The operating system will automatically update.
If you already have a Lebara account sign in with those details. If not, register to create a new account. (Lebara will email you a verification code, remember to enter the number to complete your registration process).
Select the premium package you want.
Press the blue button on your remote control to select your viewing preference.
Start watching! The home screen is where you’ll find TV channels and new movies. Explore using the navigation buttons on your remote control.
Watch Live TV by browsing TV channels on the home screen. Or select Live TV in the main menu for a full channel listing.
Watch films by browsing movies on the home screen, or select Movies in the main menu.
Use the Search button in the main menu to look for TV shows, movies and actors.
Pairing new remote with Lebara Play STB
1. Hold the remote with keyboard side facing up. 2. Place the front of the remote on top of the set top box. 3. Press the “CAPS” button continuously until the red LED light starts blinking. 4. Release the “CAPS” button when the red LED light stops blinking. 5. Your remote is now paired with the set top box.
Can I buy a set top box in a store?
Buy a 12 month subscription from selected retail outlets and a set top box is included.
You can get a replacement HDMI cable from all good electrical stores.
Set top box troubleshooting
Your set top box plays movies and TV shows, but the logos aren’t displaying
This issue affects BT customers in the UK only. Here’s what you need to do
- In a browser window, navigate to http://bthomehub.home.
- Click Advanced Settings
- Enter your password (this can usually be found on the bottom of the HomeHub router).
- On the next page, you'll see a prompt explaining that changing the settings is not needed for general use. Click Continue to Advanced Settings.
- Select “Home Network”
- Select "Smart setup."
- When you see "Enable smart setup," select No. (If it currently says "Yes," make sure to change it to "No".)
- Click Apply to save your changes
For a visual guide, go to this BT customer help page
- First, make sure you have the kit - a set top box, remote control, remote charging cable, HDMI cable, network cable and power adaptor
- Check that your TV has an HDMI port
- Set up your Play Set Top Box
1. Get started: connect one end of the HDMI cable to your TV and the other end to your set top box
2. Get connected: connect one end of the network cable to your set top box, and the other end to a free port on your modem/router
3. Plug in: select the adaptor for your region and slide onto the power adaptor, connect the power adaptor to your set top box and plug in
4. Power up: Switch the button on the side of your remote control to ‘ON’; press the Lebara Play ‘ON’ button on the remote control; Follow the easy set up process on screen - choose your language and how you want to connect to the internet – and start watching!
For the best quality home viewing experience, we recommend connecting via the network cable. Make sure the set top box is placed near to the TV, in an upright position, with no obstructions.
- Check that your TV is switched on, all cables are connected properly, and you have switched your remote control on
- Make sure the input setting on your TV matches the input port the HDMI cable is connected to. Most TVs have an input/source button on the TV remote control to change video inputs
- Check all cables are connected properly and your TV is not on mute
Followed instructions and still can’t connect?
- Check that your Wi-Fi signal is strong or your network cable is attached
- If you have a Wi-Fi password, check that you entered it correctly
- Make sure there’s no obstructions around the set top box
- Reset the set top box. Press and hold the reset button on the back of the set top box for five seconds using a non-metallic object. This will restore the set top box back to its factory default settings. Repeat steps 1-4 of the set up process
Remote control not working?
- Check that it’s charged. To fully charge, plug one end of the remote control charging cable into the remote control and the other end into the usb port at the back of your set top box
- Make sure there’s no large objects in front of your TV
- Move closer and point the remote control directly at your set top box
- Make sure that the remote control is switched on
Pairing new remote control with Lebara Play STB
- Hold the remote with keyboard side facing up
- Place the front of the remote on top of the set top box
- Press the “CAPS” button continuously until the red LED light starts blinking
- Release the “CAPS” button when the red LED light stops blinking
- Your remote is now paired with the set top box
On your set top box, go to Home button > Settings > go to Reset, and follow the prompts. This will restore your set top box to its factory settings.
Check for updates
Issues could occur because your set top box is not running the latest software. The set top box will display an automatic pop up when you need to update your software.
Why is there a USB port in the set top box?
Currently, the USB port is only used to charge the remote control. You can’t use it to play videos or music from an external storage device.
Can I play movies via the SD slot in the set top box?
The SD slot isn’t functional. You won’t be able to play movies on a SD card through the TV.
Your set top box is in warranty for one year after purchase.
Replace faulty set top box
Before you think about replacing your set top box, first check everything is set up properly. If your set top box still isn’t working, contact us.
Set top box is damaged on arrival
Contact us at Lebara customer service, and we can organise a replacement.
Check whether your box is in warranty
Make a note of the serial number (you’ll find it on the underside of the set top box) and contact us. We can tell you if your box is still in the warranty period, and eligible to be replaced.
Manage your Lebara play account
How to subscribe to Lebara Play
Follow the simple steps below to subscribe to Lebara Play with a debit/credit card or a voucher.
A) Pay by debit/credit card
1. Go to play.lebara.com. If it's your first visit, select your viewing preference and click the Get started button to confirm your choice.
2. If you're an existing customer, sign in using your Lebara account details. If you're a new customer, click on Register and create a new account. Enter your email address, create a password and then click the Register button.
3. Lebara will email you a verification code to complete your registration process*. Enter the code and click the Confirm button.
*If you can’t find the email in your inbox, check your Spam or Trash folders.
4. Click the Subscribe button in the top right hand corner, then choose your TV and movies pack.
5. Click the Buy now button to subscribe.
6a. Click the Pay Annually button to choose an annual subscription.
6b. Click on Enter promo code (if you have one) and enter the 8 digit promo code.
Activate your account by clicking the Submit button.
6c. From the dropdown menu, select Pay by debit/credit card or PayPal, and confirm your subscription by clicking Buy 1 year now.
7. Click Add new debit or credit card and enter your payment details. Process your payment by clicking the Confirm payment button. If you've set up a pre-security PIN for your payment card, enter the number when prompted and complete your payment.
8. Congratulations! You're subscribed to Lebara Play and can start watching all the TV and movies you love.
B) Pay by voucher or Lebara Wallet
Follow steps 1-6b above, then
6c. From the dropdown menu, select Pay by voucher or Leara Wallet, and confirm your subscription by clicking Buy 1 year now.
7. Enter your mobile number, and Lebara will send you an SMS with a verification code to your mobile phone.
8. Enter the verification code, and your voucher code
8. Congratulations! You're subscribed to Lebara Play and can start watching all the TV and movies you love.
Change your details
Change your debit/credit card details
If you want to change your credit card details, go to www.lebara.com > my profile.
Change your email address
If you want to change your billing email address or your Lebara Play email address you’ll need to contact us. Your details will take up to 48 hours to be updated.
Change personal details
Go to play.lebara.com and click on Account or Profile. Amend your details (you can change everything apart from your email address) and press save.
Change parental control PIN
- Go to Settings > Device management > Parental control
- Enter your old PIN
- Enter your new PIN
- Confirm PIN
- Go to Settings > Account
- Enter your old password
- Enter your new password
- Confirm password
- Click on ‘Forgot password’ and enter your email
- We'll send you an email with a reset code
Why have I got multiple accounts?
- You may have used another Lebara service using different credentials
- You signed up or registered again with new details
- A household member could have used the same payment card
Problem locating your account?
Contact us and we’ll look into it for you.
Sorry, we can’t help if you’ve forgotten your username.
Email address already in use
If you already have a Lebara account, you can use those details to sign in to Lebara Play.
Forgot parental PIN
Creating a parental PIN protects children from watching inappropriate content. If you’ve forgotten your PIN:
- Go to Settings > Device management
- Click on Parental control PIN
- Click on Recover PIN
- We’ll email you a new PIN
Opt out of emails
We want to help you make the most of your Lebara Play experience. Subscribing to email updates is a great way to find out more about upcoming new releases, special offers and more.
If you wish to unsubscribe; the easiest way is to click the unsubscribe link in one of the emails from us.
Payments / Subscriptions
What appears on your statement
All Lebara Play payments will appear as Lebara on your bank or card statement.
There’s no contract and no commitments with Lebara Play, so you can cancel your subscription anytime. However, we don’t give refunds if there is a single watch (pay per view) event.
This shows a full list of all your payments to Lebara Play. You'll see the
- Discount (if applicable)
- Payment method
- Order date
When I subscribe to a second pack, why is the first payment prorated?
Your billing period runs from the date you purchase your first pack. E.g. If you first subscribe to Tamil TV and movies on the 2nd of the month, all subsequent payments will be taken on that day every month / year.
Prorata charges are applied if you buy a second pack part way through your billing period. It’s a way of charging you from the date when the pack was added until the start of your usual billing period. E.g. You also subscribe to Hindi TV and movies on the 19th of the month, you will initially be charged for the period between 19th – 2nd. And from then on you will be charged for both packs on the 2nd of every month / year.
Accepted payment cards and online payment options
We accept the following cards and online payment options:
Country Payment method Recurring Transactions United Kingdom Amex, MasterCard, Visa and PayPal Yes Spain Amex, MasterCard, Visa and PayPal Yes Germany Amex, Giropay, MasterCard, sofort, Visa and PayPal Giropay and Sofort not accepted Netherlands Amex, iDeal, MasterCard, SEPA, Visa and PayPal iDeal not accepted Denmark Amex, Dankort, MasterCard, Visa and PayPal Yes Poland Amex, DotPay, MasterCard, Visa and PayPal DotPay not accepted France
Amex, MasterCard, Visa and PayPal
Yes Australia Amex, MasterCard, Poli, Visa and PayPal Poli not accepted
Why I can’t subscribe to Turkish, Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali, Polish, Romanian, Telugu, West African French or Nollywood anymore?
Lebara prioritises and prides itself on ensuring all our customers have the best products and services, at the best price, when they want them. We continually review our offerings to meet our customers’ needs. In the case of our Turkish, Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali, Polish, Romanian, Telugu, West African French and Nollywood packages, it is not possible for us to offer all the content that our customers want at the best price. As a result we are withdrawing these packages. We apologise for any inconvenience that this might cause you.
What about your Tamil packages?
Our Tamil TV and movie packs are staying and we will be adding more of the Tamil entertainment you love all the time. So you can still watch the latest Tamil blockbusters and your favourite Tamil TV channels on Lebara Play.
Buy a voucher
You can buy a voucher for Lebara Play at selected retail outlets in UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark and Italy. Vouchers can be bought with cash and credit card.
Voucher number not valid
An invalid voucher number message means that the voucher number you're applying to your Lebara Play account has either been used, expired or entered incorrectly. To make sure it's been entered correctly, check the details and try again.
If you're still seeing the message, check the terms and conditions at the bottom of the email that has the voucher code in it. Vouchers have various redemption/expiry dates, and your voucher number may have expired. If this has happened you won't be able to get a replacement. If you've checked that you've entered it correctly, and your voucher number hasn't expired, contact us.
If you’ve scratched off the voucher number and can't read it, you’ll need to return it to the retailer to get a new one. All replacements and refunds are subject to the retailers’ policies.
My device is not supported (Android and iOS)
If you're using an Android or iOS device and get the message: My device is not supported, this means that your device or operating system is not compatible with Lebara Play. This could be because the device has been modified, or it has been bought outside the list of countries where Lebara Play is available.
Buffering (All devices and set top box)
When you watch Lebara Play on your device or set top box you may get poor viewing quality – this is usually because of a poor internet connection. Make sure you’re not downloading something or are online on another device, as this can affect loading.
If that doesn’t work, quit and restart the programme that you're watching.
If all else fails, press the reset button!