10 December 2015
Lebara® strikes exclusive content deal with MTA Productions
New seasons of ‘Meet The Adebanjos’ and ‘T-Boy Show’ to screen exclusively on Lebara Play™
London (UK), 10 December, 2015 – Lebara®, the universal brand for the world’s migrant community, has acquired exclusive rights to stream two popular sitcoms on its new multi-ethnic content service Lebara Play™.
Season 3 of Meet the Adebanjos, comprising 18 episodes, will be available to stream on demand in early 2016 as part of the West African English pack. Meet the Adebanjos is an international hit sitcom about a British African family shown across the world in over 50 countries. Season 2 of The T-Boy Show (15 episodes) will also be available from Spring 2016. Lebara Play acquired the rights for Season 2 of The T-Boy Show after the first season was shown on ESTV-owned London Live. Additionally, for newcomers to both sitcoms, all episodes from Seasons 1 and 2 of Meet the Adebanjos, as well as Season 1 of The T-Boy Show, are now available to view on Lebara Play.
Aditya Thakur, CEO of Lebara Play, said “We’re delighted to support Andrew and the team at MTA Productions to deliver quality original programming for our viewers. Both shows have a huge following in the West African community and we’re looking to create more content partnerships as we expand the scale and depth of content available on Lebara Play.”
Andrew Osayemi, Executive Producer, MTA Productions, added “We’re proud to be making history as the first content provider to partner with Lebara Play to provide exclusive original African programming to a worldwide audience. We would like to applaud Lebara Play for their commitment to high quality original ethnic and migrant content which has been neglected and underserved by major broadcasters in the UK and Europe and look forward to working with them to produce more high quality shows!”
Lebara Play launched in June 2015 and currently offers Tamil, Turkish, West African, Hindi, Telugu, Bengali and Punjabi content to audiences across Europe. The service continues to expand into new territories, including Canada, Australia and New Zealand, as well as adding new language packs to the content catalogue, including Romanian and Polish movie packs in the UK.
Further information on Lebara Play pricing and availability:
- Subscription packages start from £9.99/month for web, tablet and smartphone;
- Subscribe today and enjoy 50% introductory discount on your first month’s subscription;
- A year’s subscription delivers unlimited viewing of your chosen subscription package at a special introductory price of £149 (standard price £199) and includes a set top box (available from selected retail stores) that can be connected to a standard TV;
- The Lebara Play app is available to download for free from iTunes App Store and Google Play in 39 European countries;
- Access on PC or Mac via lebara.com/play.